Friday, September 13, 2013

Reflecting on What I Know Now

     I have learned a couple new things when writing letters, e mails, and memos. For example, I learned what Bcc meant, and how to use it effectively. If I were to send an e mail to a boss of mine and want a peer's opinion on how I wrote it, I would attach their e mail in that Bcc spot. Therefore the sender cannot see that person is also receiving the e mail. I also learned with memos that you can send them as either physical documents in person, or through e mail. Sometimes e mail is considered less official, but with the right wording in a professional document, it can be thought of as official and to be used in the workplace.

   Next, I have learned to Cc  professors or my boss in e mails regarding information that they may also mind useful. This can mean class documents, collaborations with another student, and announcements within the workplace of mine. Memos and letters are also used to keep documentation of specific things or events. I find this very useful when writing e mails or memos, simply because in the search bar of my e mail, I can type in a key word and it will pull up my document as long as I am clear with my topic in the Subject Line. Overall, I would like to learn how to write an effective short letter, because I do not want to write too much or too little to my recipient. I am enjoying learning how to create official and less official documents in Writing for the Professions.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the course offers something useful, Madelyn! Of course, working an the English Office, you surely get your fill of these kinds of documents -- great experience!!

    ReplyDelete